Sunday 16 June 2013

Bo Bunny Mini Album and Storage Box


This is a mini album and storage box I have made this weekend using the gorgeous Bo Bunny collection Love Letters.  


The box I made in the shape of a house.  I used tyvek and hot glue to make the structure and also added some strong card hinges both inside and outside.   It's size is 7" x 11" and the mini is 6" x 6", slightly wider once the binding was added.  I used my Cinch from We R Memory Keepers and one of their binders in a gorgeous purple.  Once constructed I used Distress Stain in Tea Dye around all the edges. 


Page 1.  As the collection is Love Letters instead of the traditional shaped pages I chose to make envelopes.  All the pages open up to offer further photo mats and memory keepsake opportunities.


Page 1 & 2.   I used stickers and cut outs throughout all the pages.  On this page I added one of my stash sunflowers because they are sunny and bright. I hot glued the sunflower onto a white peg I also had in my stash. 


Page 2 & 3. On these pages I have added twine, hearts onto tiny pop dots and a small metal frame, which was raised onto sticky foam and will allow a small photo to be placed underneath. 


Page 3 & 4. I distressed a lot of the paper using my Tonic distress tool and using my heart punch I added hearts. 


Page 4 & 5. I think these pages are my favourite. I distressed and layered the paper, used stickers and cut outs, sticky foam for dimension and a decorated cream peg for embellishment. 


Page 5 & 6. These pages were great fun to complete. I used the border from the sticker and adhered it to firm card, added the middle to a page and cut around then layered them onto the border card.  On the next page I used two wood butterflies and wound twine around to secure the flap down. 


Page 6. The final page I used Smoochable paper from my 6x6 stack and a sticker, which to me was most appropriate for the final page. 


Front of house box,  I used I Am Roses and other flowers from my local craft store.  I cut out the lock and key and used sticky foam to raise them to add dimension. A peg from my stack was added for effect. 


Side view.  Its difficult to make out but many of the cut-outs on both the house and throughout the mini album have been raised on sticky foam and foam dots and squares to add dimension and depth.


Side view.  I fussy cut out part of the paper collection to the top and to make a border and made a tag to insert inside and added an eyelet and ribbon. Flowers are from my local craft store.


Back of the house.  I layered three of the bunting cut outs and added a metal butterfly, raised the sentiment onto foam and tied this gorgeous pink twine around. 

This was such a delight to make.  There are so many opportunities to place pictures within the envelopes and also on the back-side.  This collection is so much fun and truly inspirational.

I hope you have enjoyed this project.  

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Take care of you.

Pauline
x

No comments:

Post a Comment