Saturday 14 September 2013

Something Old, Something New......

Happy weekend to you all.  I can't really say my beautiful Prom Queen from the Stampotique collection is old, however the something new is using gesso.  I see so many beautiful art journals and other mixed media using gesso I hand always wanted to try.  So I have, albeit very tentatively haha

I have made a tag, 5"x 8" ish.  I used Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough for the background then Picked, or pickled as I always want to call it, Raspberry for the stamping with my very new stamp, yesterday, bla bla blah, which is soooo much fun it is going to be a long time favourite of mine.


I did some doodling with a Faber Castell pen and a white Signo and Sharpie, two of my favourite white pens.  Using my also newly acquired, yesterday, stencils from Tim Holtz; Splatter, using first Picked Raspberry and a foam applicator stencilled the rings and then moved the stencil very slightly added the gesso also using another foam applicator.


I added some pink and purple organza ribbon and a 'love' charm on cord, both I have in my stash.  I also used Evergreen Bough to make the splatters from the stencil and Peacock Feathers using Tim's Burlap and Honeycomb stencils (yes new yesterday too lol).


So here she is?  I love green and pink, they are gorgeous together.  Prom was stamped with Versafine black ink, coloured using my Intense pencils from Derwent, cut out and adhered down.  Just before I glued her down a moment of madness took me over, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, I added some washi tape from Tim Holtz, the butterfly one? to create some wings cos she is truly an angel.

Love love love all my art supplies, have so much fun and hope you enjoy them too.

Better go I just heard the postie..........

Pauline
X








No comments:

Post a Comment