Monday 13 July 2015

Happy Birthday You

Folk following my blogs and Facebook pages will now just how much I am loving my fairly new discovery of My Favorite Things.  I have had two Stitched Rectangle die sets for just over a month know and I have already added to these with more die sets and stamps.  Today MFT Stamps has started a new "summer school" and I really want to join in, so I made this card but I may submit my previous one lol.


The rule is Gallon, Quart and Pint.  Now not being an American I do use these measurements but I get the drift.  So my Gallon is the new Tip Top Taupe in colour from Stampin' Up!, my Quart is Mint Macaron and my Pint is Pink Pirouette, both from SU also.   Honestly it feels quite strange having a completely clean white base as lately I have been using a lot of background stamps and stencilling so My brain hasn't quite adjusted yet lol.  

Sequin added to embellish.


Side view to see all the layering.

I have added some silver Scibbles behind the butterfly from Die-namics and in the flag and to coordinate I have added rhinestones.  The pattern on my die cut stitched rectangle is Mint Macaron using my Sweater Knit stamp.  The butterfly is stamped in Turquoise, Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate and die cut using a coordinating die.  These are Watercolor Wings from SU.   My "you" was die cut 3 times from the SU Hello You set and adhered all on top of each other to create a more defined word.  I have used the same technique several times and whilst it is more time consuming it is definitely worth it to achieve this result.

I hope you have enjoyed this card, I certainly have had fun making it.  Take care of you.

Pauline x


No comments:

Post a Comment