Tuesday 28 July 2015

Happy Birthday Card

Why is it when designing a card layout some flow easily and others, well just don't.  This card despite deciding to follow a MFT Stamps design template just wouldn't work.  Ŷou would think having the template would make it easy but not today.  That said I'm now happy with it so here it is.


Here's the template.



Pink Pirouette die cut inside with stars from the Blueprints 15 set and Stampin' Up! mini punch set.  The hearts are from the Blueprints 15 set with the smallest also being from SU mini punch set.  The envelope is Very Vanilla.


Here you can see more detail; Sweater Knit stamp from My Favorite Things, Round Stitched Rectangle die set, Stitched Rectangle die set, Scribbles die set all from Die-namics.  "Happy" sentiment die cut 3 times in Pink Pirouette adhered together then a pearlised cream card from my stash layers on top.  The navy is Night of Navy from SU as is the silver foil.  "birthday " has been stamped using the Rotary Alphabet stamp from SU also.

I think possibly the reason I struggled today is because over the last 4 weeks I have made over 70 cards, around 50 different designs, so maybe my head is all pooped out lol.  I love making them, I sit all day every day making cards it is such a peaceful thing for me to do but maybe I need to take a rest and come back to it later.  Can't see it happening but I will try gardening instead for a day or two.

Take care of you.

Pauline x






No comments:

Post a Comment