Friday 17 July 2015

My Favourite Things Sketch Challenge

 This week's challenge over at MFT Stamps had me pull out one of my favourite paper collections right now, Stampin' Up!'s Timeless Elegance and I hope you find my card worthy of such a name too.


Gorgeous or what?  This paper is beautiful.  The tilted paper was die cut several times using a Pierced Tag several times to ensure the pierced border goes all around, this was raised on Dimentionals.


The "thanks" has been die cut from Stampin' Up!'s Hello You die set four times, once from the paper collection and three times from Very Vanilla card.  These have been layered together using glossy accents.  Tiny foam dots are behind part of the sentiment and glossy accents has adhered the rest.  The silver thread is from Stampin' Up!  This was gathered and has been held in place with a Glue Dot.


The circle beneath the butterfly was die cut twice, once in watercolour card, as this is thicker than regular card, and once in the same pattern paper as the sentiment.  A Dimensional was put central between them and this space allowed me to slide it over and beneath the pierced side part.  I wanted this definition specifically rather than just using a Dimensional rather than the watercolour card.  This just adds another layer and creative aspect when viewing the card.  This photo really offers a great view of the sentiment and depth of the card from the side.


I always add embellishments to the inside of my cards and the envelopes too.  I like to think when recieving the card and seeing the outside all decorated this increases the excitement of what is inside.  I don't think the receiver will be disappointed with this card, do you?  Sequin and rhinestones added to embellish.

I'm sure there are many beautiful cards over on the MFT blog do why not check them out by clicking here


Lucky for me the theme for summer school over at mft today is monchromatic and I will enter this in their competition also. Click here to check it out 
.
Take care of you.  Come back tomorrow and see what tomorrow's card is.  You might enjoy it too.

Pauline x




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Pauline! So glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layers and the dramatic black and white stripes!!!

    ReplyDelete