Wednesday 22 July 2015

Watercolour Wings Birthday Card

The Today's card is rather special. Not only because I have used the wonderful new stamp set from Stampin' Up! but also how I have made the "you".  I have also used my favourite die sets from Die-namics Blueprints 15 and Stitched Rectangles. Here it is. 

There is a lot going on in this card and it took me quite a while to make.  The "happy" and "to" were stamped and die cut using the Stitched Rectangle die set from Die-namics.  I needed to run these through my Big Shot several times to makes these individual sizes.  The "birthday" was stamped using my new Rotary Alphabet stamp then die cut also. All the words were stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink onto Whisper White card.  



Here is a view from the side.  Crystal Effects was also used on the butterfly to create a glossy finish.  A glassine die cut butterfly was added onto the larger butterfly and rhinestones added for embezzlement. 


Here is a closer view of the "you".  To achieve this look I die cut it out 4 times, 3 in white and once in the melon mamba card. I then adhered each layer individually using Crystal Effects as this has a small tip and also dries clear. This creates depth and height without using foam dots as the word is so delicate it would be impossible to achieve this using them.  It is time consuming and took quite a while and a steady hand.   Crystal Effects was also put on top as when dried this brings a glossy finish. 

Here is the inside die cut and rhinestones added for embellishment.




The dots at the side were stamped in Melon Mamba ink and then cut to size and raised on Dimensionals.  Rhinestones were added to the front of the card for embezzlement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment