Sunday 16 August 2015

Mint and Silver For My Summer School Lesson

Today I have been playing with my Stampin' Up! stencils for this card and it is also for the My Favorite Things Summer School.  This lesson is all about hard and soft.  Now this card has a bit of both, soft edges in the Scribbles die,  the butterfly and the Zig Zag circle but it is predominantly hard as the larger elements have square edges and so does the stencil area, so a little of both. 


The card is Mint Macaron and the sentiment stickers are from Tim Holtz. I used Black Soot Distress Ink on the background.


The circle was first heat embossed using silver embossing powder from SU and the Whimsical Wishes stamp from My Favorite Things then die cut using the Zig Zag Circles from Die-namics.  The butterfly was made using Mint Macaron ink and the Bold Butterfly framelit both from SU and stamped with the Sweater Stitch stamp from MFT.


Silver foil Scribbles, from Die-namics, were die cut for the front and inside using silver foil from SU.  The washi tape is from SU and the heart is from the Bitty set.


The embellishments are the White Perfect Accents from SU coloured with a silver Sharpie.

I love this colour combo, what do you think?  Why not join me back here tomorrow for another card.  Take care of you.

Pauline x



No comments:

Post a Comment