Tuesday 11 August 2015

Timeless Elegance Card

Recently I bought the most gorgeous paper collection from Stampin' Up! called Timeless Elegance. It's always a bit scary cutting into paper you adore for the first time, weird but true I'm sure you all agree.   Here is today's card.


The envelope is stamped using Tip Top Taupe, a butterfly front and back.

The card base is the new thicker Stampin' Up! Whisper White specially for card bases.



Inside I die cut Very Vanilla and Tip Top Taupe in the Stitched Rectangle dies from Die-namics and My Favorite Things.


I used my Die-namics die to cut the base using the large stitched die from the Blueprints 15 collection.  I then cut two pieces of the Designer Series Paper around 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" each.  I adhered these to the page leaving a gap at the top to place the peg.  The peg is secured with a glue dot.  

The butterflies are die cut from Tip Top Taupe and velum using the Sizzix Basic Shapes Bigz die.  The was then placed on foam dots and rhinestones added to embellish.  A foam dot was also placed between the butterflies to add depth and dimension.

I took some Whisper White and some retired DSP and made flags which were stapled together using my new stapler from SU.  I stamped my sentiment in Tip Top Taupe and added rhinestones.  The flag ends of the flags were raised onto foam dots to lift them off the page and secured at the stapled end onto the page.

I hope you have enjoyed today's card and your day has been good to you.  Take care of you.

Pauline x


No comments:

Post a Comment